IM Group manages and distributes quality mechatronics products and innovative services through a portfolio of leading brands, including: Goss; RAE Ignition and Sensors; Injectronics; MAP – Mechatronic Auto Parts and DAT Diagnostic Auto Tech Equipment.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is any information about you where your identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information.
The amount of personal information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us. We will collect personal information from you if you:
- contact us through our website using an on-line form;
- make a product or service enquiry;
- order a product;
- make a product complaint or warranty enquiry;
- complete an application or enter into an agreement;
- receive a visit from one of our representatives;
- subscribe to one of our mailing lists;
- correspond with us, including by email;
- call our Customer Service line;
- enter a promotion or competition;
- contact us via any of our social media forums.
The type of personal information you may provide to us includes your name, position description, address, email address, business type, telephone, age group, mobile phone number, facsimile number, credit card particulars and bank details.
We collect personal information from you for a number of reasons, including to:
- sell and deliver our products and services to you;
- respond to your questions or requests for information;
- manage warranty claims and provide after sales service;
- improve our service;
- assist us forecast the future demand for our products and services;
- send you direct marketing material electronically or by post about our products and services and those of our related companies;
- analyse our website usage;
- enhance the content of our website and our social media platforms;
- keep a record of our dealings with each other; and
- comply with legal obligations.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with these services.
You can generally visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information.
Credit Reporting Information
IM Group also collects financial and trading information from customers in order to establish and manage business and customer relationships. This information is securely held for internal accounting and administration purposes associated with the provision of products and services (including the extension of commercial credit) to customers and in order to enhance our business relationship and level of service.
Collection of commercial credit information is undertaken only with your consent. To complete an application to open an account or extend commercial credit we may ask you to provide: ABN numbers, business name, business structure, trading history and commercial trade references.
IM Group may disclose this information to a credit reporting body or trade referees nominated by you, and receive commercial credit information about you. This credit information will only be used to assess your credit worthiness. It will not be used for the purposes of pre-screening of direct marketing by a credit provider, and will not be intentionally disclosed to entities outside Australia.
To the extent that the customer is an unincorporated entity, this is personal information covered by this policy. Information about corporate customers, which is about an identifiable person, is also personal information covered by this policy. IM Group does not have a practice of collecting or holding consumer credit information covered by the Credit Reporting Privacy Code.
Enquiries for access to or correction of commercial credit information or credit eligibility information, or complaints about the failure of IM Group to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or the Credit Reporting Privacy Code (if this binds IM Group), can be made as set out below under “Access and Correction” and “Queries and Complaints”.
To customise your user experience on our website we may provide you with the opportunity to connect, access and/or interact with third-party social networking services, such as Facebook Google+, Twitter and Instagram. If you connect to these third-party social networking services, including to participate in one of our promotional campaigns, you are authorising IM Group to access and use certain information from your social network profile. You can opt-out of authorising IM Group from collecting or accessing your information when you are not using the application and you can cancel this service at any time by deleting the application from your social network account.
Disclosure to Third Parties
IM Group recognises the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information and so will not give your personal information to third parties (outside our corporate group) unless:
- you have given us your consent to do so;
- it is necessary for us to do so to fulfil the primary purpose(s) for which we collected your personal information;
- you would reasonably expect us to disclose it for a related purpose; or
- we are required to do so by law.
- We will share your personal information with related companies within our corporate group for reporting, analysis and marketing purposes.
- The third parties we may typically share your personal information with include: your authorised representatives and service providers which we use to conduct our business, functions and activities. These service providers may be involved or conduct:
- mailing, shipping or courier operations;
- information technology services;
- legal, auditing, accountancy or other professional services;
- credit reporting services;
- promotions and competitions;
- repair, installation or maintenance services;
- insurance services;
- market research;
- billing and debt collecting functions;
- website usage analysis.
Cross Border Disclosure
Personal information may be disclosed to companies within our own corporate group in New Zealand. If we disclose personal information in countries outside Australia, we will only do so in compliance with all applicable Australian data protection and privacy laws and if we reasonably believe that the information will remain subject to principles for fair handling of the information which are substantially similar to the applicable Australian privacy laws.
Website data and cookies
When you visit our website, we may collect your server address, domain name and information regarding the pages which you visit and links that you click on. This information is used for statistical and website development purposes only.
We will only collect sensitive information from you relating to race, ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion or trade unions, sexual preferences or activities, criminal record, state of health and medical history with your consent and only use it for the purposes for which it is provided. We do not typically collect such information.
The security of your personal information is of great importance to us, and we take reasonable steps to:
- keep your personal information secure in a combination of secure computer storage, hard copy files and other access-controlled records; and
- ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will endeavour to destroy or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was provided, unless a legal exception applies.
Access and Correction
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we collect, use or disclose is relevant, accurate, complete and up-to-date. We appreciate you assisting us by letting us know if your personal information has changed.
You have a right of access to most personal information we hold about you and the right to correct or update your personal information. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. To request access, please contact our privacy officer, whose contact details are set out below. We will need to verify your identity before meeting your request, which we may require in writing, and we will process it in a reasonable time.
Queries and Complaints
The Privacy Officer
Innovative Mechatronics Group Pty Ltd
8-9 Becon Court, Hallam VIC 3803
P: 03 8792 6999
If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns with you. If, however, you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992.
IM Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of GUD Holdings Limited.